What is the structural formula of ethane
Ethane is one of the simplest representatives of the aliphatic hydrocarbons. It has 2 carbon atoms. Its formula is C2H6 .
Coordination: The ethane molecule is tetrahedrally coordinated at both carbon atoms, that is, each of the carbon atoms is in the middle of a tetrahedron, the 4 hydrogen atoms at its corners.
Conformation: In addition, there is free rotation around the bond between the two carbon atoms. One half of the molecule can rotate (relative to the other half) around this bond. 2 conformations are noteworthy:
In the eclipsed conformation, the hydrogen atoms stand one behind the other (if you look in the direction of the C – C bond).
In the staggered conformation, they are on a gap.
The hidden conformation is 12.3 kJ / mol more energetic than the staggered one.
View: Start the Jsmol visualization by clicking the link under the ethane molecule. Look at it along the C – C bond or from the front. Switch between hidden and staggered conformations by clicking the buttons.
Ethane occurs to a small extent in natural gas, but is otherwise of only minor economic and technical importance.
- Melting point: -172 ° C
- Boiling point: -88.5 ° C
- Density under standard conditions (0 ° C and 1.01325 bar): 1.355 g / l
- CAS no. : 74-84-0
- An explanation of why the boiling point of ethane is so low and a comparison with the boiling points of other substances
- What's your rating of Casey Neistat
- Who planted apple trees in India
- The person who likes me has changed. Why
- Can I expect an NMIMS call
- Why is St. Francis a saint?
- Do I need winter tires in Connecticut
- How will you remember today why
- What are the best Albanian children's books
- Why was the Ottoman Empire renamed Turkey
- What is meant by community relations
- How does a car loan acceptance work
- At what age can schizophrenia be diagnosed
- What is the best Magento server setup
- Why does your mouth open after you die?
- Who discovered the spin quantum number
- What are thoughts without words
- May girl purpose to her boyfriend
- What does forgiveness look like in action
- Which app does zoella use for editing
- How rattlesnakes kill their prey
- How do I feel hate
- Tech start-ups create jobs
- Why can't I remember people's names
- What is a benign endocervical mucosa