How does the synchronization work
This is how the synchronization of smartphone and PC works
Many people manage their private and business life with the help of smartphones. With the mobile companion you have everything with you and quickly presentable at hand - photos, films, favorite songs, e-mails. Data that has its place on the PC hard drive can also be backed up on the smartphone. But how do you manage to keep both devices on the same level?
Two types of synchronization
"There are basically two ways of synchronizing different end devices: locally via a data cable between smartphone and PC and on the other hand via the Internet," says telecommunications expert Christian Just from the magazine "Computerbild". For smartphones, however, the more modern and convenient way is via the Internet. According to Just, you have to consider that you don't have the data on your PC, but that it is on a server somewhere on the World Wide Web.
Store data in the network
If you decide to compare data between your smartphone and an Internet service, Just and "PC Welt" editor Christian Löbering recommend Google Mail. "This is the primary synchronization platform for contacts and calendar entries," says Löbering. "Gmail" is set up automatically on smartphones with the Android operating system, because Android was developed by Google, says Just. But all other smartphones can also be synchronized with "Gmail".
However, when setting up the Google account as an Exchange account, users would have to make the following settings on their mobile phones: Username: full email address of the Google Mail account, domain: do not fill in, Exchange server: m.google.com. Just sees "Microsoft Hotmail" as the best alternative to "Gmail".
iPhone users synchronize and save their data in the iCloud. The online service includes, among other things, applications for saving e-mails, contacts, appointments and documents.
Data transfer by cable
If you do not want to entrust your data to an Internet service, you should use the conventional method with the data cable. "The absolute top dog in calendar, contact, appointment and address management is the Microsoft Outlook program," says Just. But data synchronization can also be mastered with other PC programs. These include, for example, Mozilla Thunderbird / Sunbird, Windows Vista Calendar and Lotus Notes.
According to Löbering, My Phone Explorer is one of the best free programs. With this program, you install the app on the Android smartphone and the associated program on the PC. A connection between PC and mobile phone is then established via a USB cable or wirelessly via WLAN or Bluetooth. The program synchronizes all user data and files that are stored on the mobile phone with Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows contacts, the Windows calendar and many other applications.
"This ranges from music to photos, all SMS, calendar and phone book entries to installed apps. These can be transferred to the PC without any problems and, above all, free of charge," says Löbering. Since the software is only suitable for Android cell phones and smartphones from Sony Ericsson, he recommends iPhone owners to use the iTunes software that comes with it and "Mobile Master" for all other smartphones.
- How is topperlearning com for students
- Mortgage brokers may pay transfer fees
- How does evolution select features that begin late
- Could a liquid planet exist?
- Why are coffee beans roasted
- Which sports brand is the best in India
- Do-it-yourselfers that pay off 1
- How much sugar is in toothpaste
- Which beers contain nitrates
- What is simple binary cleavage
- Who was the first martyr of Islam
- Which book series would you always recommend
- Economics can be a really objective science
- Do-it-yourselfers that pay off 1
- Who is the worst mathematician ever
- What is the scope of actuarial science
- What is Aliaa's true religion
- What famous writers had unconventional writing habits?
- Are you clean or messy
- What was the scariest horror movie set
- Do you think people should recycle newspapers?
- What's relatively new in sustainable technology
- What was Stalin right about?
- What is the salary for the airport management